24 Years Of Experience
- I enjoy golf, but like many other busy professionals, I am not able to play as often as I would like and I am not as skilled as I would like to believe.
- I am avid runner and routinely participate in 5 K & 10 K organized events.
- I enjoy reading and often find myself "juggling" 2 -3 books at one time. While I enjoy all topics, I am especially fond of topics related to the financial services industry and "true life" mysteries.
- I enjoy spending time with my wife (Lisa) & my children (Olivia & Maxwell) doing most anything.
- I enjoy wine and I am the proud owner of a small, eclectic collection that I often share with clients & friends.
I am affiliated with the Joan Valentine House acting as the chairperson for the annual golf outing.
Areas of Focus
- Retirement Planning Strategies
- Saving for Education
- Small Business
- Estate Planning Strategies
- Employee Stock Options
Awards & Recognition
- Barron’s Top 1,200 Financial Advisors, 2014-2019
- Barron’s Top 100 Independent Advisors, 2013-2017
- Forbes Best-in-State Wealth Advisors, 2019
- Ameriprise Circle of Success, 1996-2018
- Ameriprise Chairman's Advisory Council, 2005 - 2018
- Five Star Wealth Manager, 2013, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019
- Financial Times 400 Top Financial Advisers, 2015
- Ameriprise Hall of Fame, 2011
- Ameriprise Diamond Ring Club, 2005
- CFP® CERTIFIED FINANCIAL PLANNER™ practitioner
- CLU® Chartered Life Underwriter®
- ChFC® Chartered Financial Consultant®
- Drew University - Bachelor of Arts - Economics 1990
- Drew University - Bachelor of Arts - Finance - 1990
Michael Bonevento is licensed and registered to conduct business in NJ.
Based on licenses and registrations I hold, I may also conduct business in AZ, CA, CO, CT, DE, DC, FL, GA, ID, IL, IN, IA, MD, MA, MI, MN, MO, NH, NJ, NY, NC, OH, PA, RI, SC, TN, TX, UT, VA, VI, WA.
CA Insurance #0E63059
Award based on 10 objective criteria associated with providing quality services to clients such as credentials, experience, and assets under management among other factors. Wealth managers do not pay a fee to be considered or placed on the final list of year 2013, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018 & 2019 Five Star Wealth Managers. Barron's Top 1,200 Financial Advisors by State list for 2014-2019, an honor awarded to a select group of advisors for quality of service and success in business and ethics. Barron's Top 100 Advisors 2013-2017 are based on assets under management, revenue produced for the firm, regulatory record, quality of practice and philanthropic work. 2015 Financial Times Top Financial Advisors minimum criteria: Financial advisors managing at least $200 million in assets and more than 10 years’ experience. Selected based on six criteria including: assets under management, asset growth, compliance record, experience, credentials and online accessibility. 2018 Financial Times 400 Top Financial Advisers minimum criteria: Financial advisors managing at least $300 million in assets and more than 10 years’ experience. Selected based on six criteria including: assets under management, asset growth, compliance record, experience, credentials and online accessibility. The Forbes Best-In-State Wealth Advisor ranking, developed by SHOOK Research, is based on in-person and telephone due diligence meetings and a ranking algorithm that includes: client retention, industry experience, review of compliance records, firm nominations; and quantitative criteria, including: assets under management and revenue generated for their firms. Portfolio performance is not a criterion due to the varying client objectives and lack of audited data. Neither Forbes nor SHOOK Research receives a fee in exchange for rankings.